At EASE Wellbeing, we understand there are many unique challenges that women face throughout their lives and here we identify some of these and how we can be of support:
– Women still face disproportionate discrimination, stereotyping and unequal treatment based on their gender.
– These issues can contribute to and increase feelings of frustration, injustice, and diminished self-worth.
– Talking therapy at EASE Wellbeing focuses on how such issues inhibit a woman’s ability to achieve her aims, aspirations and goals in life.
– Issues related to fertility can include difficulties conceiving, undergoing fertility treatments, or experiencing pregnancy loss.
– This significantly impacts a woman’s well-being, impacts their identity and raises issues of self-doubt and blame.
– Parenthood poses many challenges, pressures of parenting, postpartum depression, balancing work and family life or being a single parent can have a significant impact on women’s mental health.
– It can induce feelings of isolation, depression and being overwhelmed. EASE Wellbeing supports mothers to express their struggles and find internal and external ways to cope with the pressures that motherhood brings.
– Women can encounter difficulties in intimate relationships, including communication, conflicts, and possible separation.
– Many women also report an inclination to prioritise others’ needs over their own, this can lead to self-neglect, burnout, and a sense of losing oneself.
– Through compassionate guidance, EASE Wellbeing strives to empower women to prioritise and voice their own needs and boundaries, rebuild trust, and foster healthier relationships.
– Experiencing physical, emotional, or sexual abuse can have long-lasting psychological effects, is traumatic and can lead to anxiety, depression, and difficulties in building and maintaining healthy relationships.
– At EASE Wellbeing, our work recognises and validates the awful horrors of such experiences and provides a stable environment to engage with the idea of not just being a being a victim but also a survivor.
– Gender disparities, workplace discrimination, and balancing career aspirations with relationship responsibilities are just some of the challenges women face in their professional lives.
– By addressing the underlying emotional and psychological factors that may hinder professional growth, EASE Wellbeing empowers women to unlock their full potential, thrive in their careers, and achieve a fulfilling work-life integration.
– EASE Wellbeing understands that major life transitions such as the end of studying, motherhood, or entering menopause are challenging and uncertainty times.
– Our counselling services provide valuable support and guidance during these transformative moments to embrace change, find clarity, and build a fulfilling future.
– Women often face societal pressures regarding their appearance, which can lead to low self-esteem, body dissatisfaction, and disordered eating patterns.
– At EASE Wellbeing, we believe that every woman deserves to embrace her uniqueness and feel more accepting of themselves. We work with women to address the underlying factors and challenge the societal burdens women so often face.
– Navigating societal or cultural expectations regarding gender roles, relationships, or family dynamics can create internal conflicts and stress. Meeting others’ standards can create anxiety and a constant need for external validation.
– EASE offers guidance in understanding and navigating the complex interplay between personal values and societal norms. Our goal is to empower individuals to make informed choices and cultivate a sense of fulfilment that aligns with their authentic selves.
– EASE Wellbeing understands the challenges and harmful consequences that can arise from a disordered and disabling relationship with food.
– We offer a non-judgmental environment where individuals can explore their emotions, thoughts, and beliefs surrounding food and body image and cultivate body acceptance.
– Endocrine disorders have a significant impact on women’s health. These disorders have the potential to result in long-term disability, impair the quality of life for those affected, and are ranked as the fifth leading cause of mortality.
– Hormonal fluctuations throughout a woman’s life, including menstrual cycle changes, pregnancy, or menopause, do seriously affect the balance of mood, energy levels, and overall mental well-being.
– By developing emotional resilience, our aim is to help women effectively manage mood imbalances, energy fluctuations, and overall mental well-being.
We know the first step can take courage. Our team is here to answer any questions you have.
EASE Wellbeing is a community interest company and have been providing mental health support for 14 years working closely with GP practices.
We have since grown and people now have direct access to our services. Our team is led by highly experienced professionals with over 60 years’ combined experience in the NHS, as well as charity and private sectors.
Our supervision team and in-house therapists are trained in several approaches and are all members of a professional body.
EASE Wellbeing is a Community Interest Company with over 25 years’ experience of delivering timely, cost-effective therapeutic counselling.